New Mexico’s Mundy Ranch offers miles of peaceful roads and trails to explore nature’s beauty without ever leaving the ranch. But, when the muses call you farther afield, Mundy Ranch proves to be a perfect base for trips of varying lengths throughout New Mexico and the Southwest. Here is but a small sample of adventures to come!
- Chama’s own Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad makes for a perfect day trip. Located just about 12 miles from the ranch, tourist flock from all over the world to ride this railway into the past.
- Just to the North of Chama New Mexico you’ll find Colorado’s San Juan Mountains. Here, endless opportunities for exploration on horseback, mountain bikes, ATV or with backpacks lure outdoors lovers deep into the wilderness. Further north you can raft the whitewaters, explore quaint mining villages, visit gilded casinos and enjoy the fast-paced cities of Colorado’s Front Range.
- To the south of New Mexico’s Mundy Ranch lies Georgia O’Keefe country. Here, the alpine beauty of the Chama Valley gives way to the multi-hued cliffs and valleys that inspired this most famous of desert landscape artists. Exhibits at the Ghost Ranch reveal New Mexico’s pre-history and history in this wild and scenic area.
- A little further south you’ll discover the cliff dwellings of the Anasazi at Bandelier National Monument. Come prepared for amazing sights!
- To the east and south of the ranch are the thriving arts communities of Taos and Abiquiu, famous for its studio tours. South of Abiquiu you’ll discover enchanting Santa Fe New Mexico, the oldest state capitol and a repository of the celebrated Pueblo style in art, cuisine and architecture. (PS – And fabulous shopping too!)
- Heading West from New Mexico’s Mundy Ranch you enter mile after mile of native American tribal lands. Here traditional ways mix with modern Casinos and other tourist facilities. The famous Four Corners and the spectacular Mesa Verde National Park make for a good weekend trip to adventure.
From major metropolitan areas to peaceful country back-roads where the aroma of roasting chiles fill the air, trips of a day or two from New Mexico’s Mundy Ranch are filled with adventure.